Become a Friend of the Library
On Tuesday, April 11th, the Friends of the Kemper-Newton Libraries was formed. All of us library lovers are so excited about this new opportunity to raise funds to support the five libraries in Kemper and Newton Counties. Now is your chance to become an inaugural member of this wonderful charitable organization.
New Friends of the Library can join our cause from anywhere in the world. Our local Friends may also contribute their time and energy to volunteer projects that help raise funds. Choose your membership type above and check out securely online to join the new organization, or join at your preferred local KNRLS library branch.
The next business meeting of the Friends of the Library will be on September 7th at 6:30 p.m. at Union Public Library. Meanwhile, there are several meetings for community members interested in getting acquainted with their new Friends group and for those interested in joining or volunteering to support the library.
These opportunities are scheduled as follows:
- May 26th all day: Volunteers needed to get the book sale ready at Union Public Library
- May 30th all day: Volunteers needed to assist with book sale at Union Public Library
- May 31st all day: Volunteers needed to assist with book sale at Union Public Library
- June 20th 7-8 pm: Get acquainted with the Friends of the Library at Scooba Branch
- June 30th 5-6 pm: Get acquainted with the Friends of the Library at Newton Branch
- July 18th 7-8 pm: Get acquainted with the Friends of the Library at DeKalb Branch
- August 18th all day: Volunteers needed to get the book sale ready at DeKalb Branch
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Friends membership.